Monday Workout: 20 min Arc Trainer plus PT exercises
As my last days of chocolate consumption pass me by, I have to figure out what to replace this amazing food group (yes, in my mind it is a food group) with...and what I can make with my leftover chocolate chips (from previous posts you know I eat them straight/with PB so they won't be good to have in the house).
Here are some ideas I came up with for chocolate replacements:
- Edy's Fruit Bars: I love these things. There's between 60-80 calories per bar and they're all natural, so I know what I'm eating. Plus I can't feel guilty since I'm pretty much eating fruit.
|The Acai Blueberry is in my freezer right now (source)|
- Fruit: From what I've heard, the sweetness in fruit sometimes stops sweets cravings. I've obviously never tried it. Some of my favorites are strawberries, nectarines, bananas, apples, oranges...and many more.
- Oatmeal: Another snack suggestion from a coworker...I don't know if I'll go for that or not.
- Yogurt: This could be good.
- Cereal: I LOVE cereal...good option in my opinion.
- Candy of the non-chocolate variety(in moderation of course): Mike and Ike's, Jolly Ranchers, Starbursts, oh the lists goes on and on .
|Our current candy stash|
After writing it all out...giving up chocolate looks like it could work. From what my Dad told me, the first two weeks are the hardest. They will be hard for me since my birthday is in the first two weeks of November, and I always get a chocolate dessert on my birthday.
We shall see how it goes!
What is something you find hard to give up?
What is your favorite non chocolate snack?
Any suggestions for a baking recipe including chocolate chips?