Wednesday, October 19, 2011

100 Things About Me

I'm stealing this idea from another blog...but these are always fun and they actually get me to think.  I don't know about you, but it's really hard for me to think of 100 things about myself...But here we go:


1. I was born in Germany.  And yes, I can run for President.


2. Since my Dad was in the Air Force, I've moved six times.


3. Thanks to Dad, I can also say that I lived in Germany and Italy.  Too bad I don't really remember either of them (although I do remember Italy had really good bread..random).


4.  My mom is one of my best friends.  I tell her everything.  Maybe too much.


5.  My (younger) sister and I didn't get along until we were in college.  Now she lives in South Korea (she's also in the Air Force).  Email and Facebook are now extremely important.


6.  I am the oldest child (and the wisest...and since the young one isn't here to defend herself...I win)


7. My Dad is one of six kids.  Mom is one of four kids. 


8. The fact above means that my family is HUGE.


9.  My husband and I met through friends through Facebook.  Our first phone conversation was six hours long.


10.  Marrying him was one of the best decisions I've ever made :)


11. If you couldn't tell already, family means the world to me.


12.  I haven't seen all of the Star Wars movies (I need to see Episode 6) but have seen and read all of the Harry Potter books/movies (multiple times).


13.  I don't like roller coasters.  In fact, I almost passed out after riding The Racer in Kennywood.  It's pathetic, I know.


14. I love the spin rides though.  I think I may be the only person in the world who does. 


15. I played three Varsity sports in high school: Soccer, Basketball and Lacrosse.


16. I played soccer and lacrosse in college.


17. Lacrosse is, by far, my favorite sport to play.


18. Soccer is my favorite to watch.


19. Baseball is my least favorite sport. EVER. Maybe if the games weren't as long I would like it more. 


20. I did, however, become a Chicago Cubs fan when I moved there.  I lived on the North Side.  It was mandatory.


21. I didn't like running until college.  Dad signed me up for my first half marathon, and it's still my best 1/2 marathon time.


22. I have run three 1/2 marathons in under two hours.


23. I hope to run a marathon one day, if my body will let me.


24. Add a triathlon to that list too.


25. If I could run any race, it would be the Rome, Italy Marathon.


26. I have an extra muscle in my left foot.


27. My SI (Sacroiliac Joint) also likes to pop out of place.


28. Doctors have compared my feet to a 60 year old, overweight man.  Nice, huh?!


29. I usually have to wear the most stable running shoes. These are usually very ugly.


30.  My goal when I graduated from college was to move to a city where I had never been before. Hence moving to Chicago.


31. Andrew and I love to travel, but this thing call money and lack of it prevents us from traveling on a regular basis. 


32. I want to go back to Europe before we have kids. 


33. Our trip to Las Vegas in December will be the first time Andrew and I have been to the West Coast. 


34. I have never gambled before.  And probably won't while we're in Vegas.


35. California will be our next trip to the West Coast. 


36. My sister is also trying to convince me to visit her in Korea.


37. Giving me the winning lottery numbers will help to achieve 29-34.


38. I'm a reality TV junkie.


39. I particularly love the food related reality shows...like Man vs. Food.  He has the best job...he gets to eat all day!!


40. I also like the trashy ones, esp. the Real Housewives...so funny/dramatic!


41. Andrew and I also watch Ghost Hunters on a regular basis.  Don't judge ;)


42. I would love to be on the Biggest Loser so I could work out 6-8 hours a days.  I don't think I qualify though.


43. I'm in love with chocolate.


44. And peanut butter.


45. And cookies.


46. And candy (esp. Reese's!)


47. And pizza.


48. Ok...maybe just junk food in general.


49. I always try to eat healthy, but my addiction to the food listed above prevents me from doing so. I'll start tomorrow ;)


50. I try to eat a fruit and vegetable with every meal.


51. When I moved out of my parents house, I didn't know how to cook at all.  I couldn't even boil water.


52. Since I got married, I cook all the time.  New recipes no longer scare me.


53. Since I got my Kitchen Aid Mixer, I now LOVE to bake (Thanks Mom!).


54. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. 


55. Pancakes and cereal are my favorite breakfast food.  I lived on cereal in college (the food was pretty bad).


56. My goal is to make homemade cinnamon rolls and biscuits for breakfast on the weekends.  They take a lot of time.  I don't really have that right now :(


57. I must have coffee in the morning.  Andrew has witnessed the monster that comes out when I do not get my daily dose of caffeine. 


58. I also order the same thing when I go to any coffee shop: A small non-fat, no whip mocha.  Since this can make my waist line bigger and my wallet smaller, I don't go to coffee shops very often.


59. My favorite color is Carolina Blue.


60. UNC has been my favorite college team since fourth grade.  I had to pick a team to hang out with the boys and I liked UNC's colors the best.


61. The Pittsburgh Steelers has been my favorite football team since I can remember.  I even liked them in the 90s...when they were horrible.


62. I also didn't like playing with Barbies or anything girly when I was younger.  G.I. Joes were so much cooler.  So were Nerf guns. And Legos.


63. Andrew and I actually put together his Lego pirate ship...just for fun.


64. On a more girly note, my favorite flowers are tulips and roses.


65. My first celebrity crush was JTT. 


66. It then quickly moved on to Hanson.


67. Then the Backstreet Boys.


68. The 'N SYNC.


69. And I've been in love with Justin Timberlake ever since. 


70. Andrew and I share a passion for music and try to go to concerts as much as we can.  He did refuse to take me to the NKOTB/BSB concert though...lame!


71. I know how to play the piano, flute and drums.


72. I actually took a piano class in college.  I got an A.


73. My favorite seasons are fall and spring.


74. I only like snow when I get off school or off work.  I hate it in any other situation and don't really care how pretty it looks.


75. The reason I feel this way about snow is due to the town I went to college in then the city I lived in after college.  Walking through it every day was awful, esp. when it's April and it snowed 8 inches.


76. I like summer more than winter because it's great running weather.  Sweat = Proof of a great workout.


77. I also love the beach.


78. My husband is more of a hiking/museum guy.


79. On our honeymoon we compromised: We stayed at a resort in St. Lucia, but went on a safari as one of our excursions.  It was probably the best trip we've ever been on together (thus far).   


80. I was only 17 when I went to college and am the youngest one of my college friends. 


81. I don't think I will ever feel old.


82. Speaking of old...is anyone ever too old to go to Disney World?!  It's one of my favorite places.


83. Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie.


84. Bell is the coolest Princess of them all!


85. On Broadway, however, the Lion King is much better than Beauty and the Beast.  I highly recommend seeing it!


86.  Tigger is my favorite non-princess Disney character. 


87.  My parents own almost all of the Disney movies on VHS (remember those?!) and my Dad knows all the words to every Little Mermaid song.  We watched that one a lot as kids.


88.  My favorite Non-Disney cartoon is Johnny Quest.  If you've never heard of that cartoon you're missing out!


89. I have watched every episode of Gilmore Girls multiple times and own all seven seasons.


90. My sister and I randomly quote Friends on a regular basis. 


91. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.  (Does anyone really know?! Or have any ideas for me?!)


92. I worry way to much.  Usually about things that aren't important. 


93. I wish that I took more pictures.  That would probably make this blog more exciting.


94. I'm a perfectionist.

95. I always triple (not double) check my work.  I feel like it is only half done if I don't.


96. I am the worst speller.  I used spell check on Word all. the. time.


97. I'm also not the best writer. But I love blogging.


98. I look up to those bloggers that update their blogs multiple times a day.  It's definitely something for me to strive towards. 


99.  I am extremely Type-A (and because of this I worked on this post for days. I actually almost stopped at 51 facts...but just had to keep on going until I got to 100).


100.This post took me five days to complete.
-----------------------------------------
What's a random fact about you?
See above :)


Could you think of 100 things about yourself...or is 100 just too much?

No comments:

Post a Comment