Saturday, November 12, 2011

Reasons why I was M.I.A.

Happy Weekend Everyone!  I apologize for my absence, but things have been pretty hectic around here. 

An update on my running: 4.5 miles PAIN FREE!!! It was slower than molasses in January, but it still felt great.  The 1/2 marathon is looking better and better! My hope is to run around 6 miles today, but we shall see if that actually happens. 

In other news, Andrew and I went on a mini-adventure to Chicago for my birthday weekend.  After looking at the pictures I realized that I took more pictures of food than anything else (oops! Maybe we both love food way too much) Here are some pictures:

Frozen custard 'contrete' consisting of vanilla custard and a whole funfetti cupcake (frosting included!). 

Apparently the best pizza in the U.S.A. I wouldn't argue with that...it was AWESOME!

I dream about these cinnamon rolls.  They were gone in 30 seconds.

Oh...those cinnamon rolls..were a side  to this massive vege omelet.

This guacamole was made in front of us at That Little Mexican Cafe...and it was also gone in 30 seconds 

Did I make you hungry...or have the urge to go to Chicago?  I love that city and would encourage everyone to visit it as least once.  And you know what else is nice about it, it's a running city! There was at least one 5K every weekend in the spring/summer and they were all pretty well organized.  I hope to run this race in the near future:

Source

Well...off to prepare for my run.  Have a great Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment