Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Preparations!

After working a half day (well...actually a 6 hour day), I went to the gym to get my workout on before I started baking for Thanksgiving. 

I'm really excited about seeing my husband's family and having my parents there too.  We're going to my sister-in-law's in Hershey, PA ('the sweetest place on earth'..and yes...you can smell the Reese's plant as you drive in...awesomesauce).  Andrew and I went last year and had a blast, so we wanted my parents to share in the Nagel Thanksgiving experience too :)


I'm baking two things: These and This.  I'm nervous about baking the rolls, but since I'm making them the day before I'll have time to make something else if I mess them up. 

Oh..and of course this is the perfect day before thanksgiving dinner:






My parents are coming over tomorrow morning before we drive to PA because they need to bake 'crapple' (I will show you that wonderful creation in a later post) because they are currently renovating their kitchen.  The best part about this is Dad offering to make breakfast!! I plan to make pumpkin muffins and I think Dad is making pancakes and eggs.  Greco breakfasts are epic...and it will hopefully tide us over until dinner at 1:00 ;)




Some have chocolate.  The white specs are cake mix...I can never get rid of them when I make these muffins!

Have a happy happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment