Monday, August 15, 2011

M.....R......I

So...today started out as a really exciting 'I get to do a million ab exercises and run for 20 minutes in the pool' type of day.  All of those things turned out great...except for the minor twinges of pain in my knee every so often. 

Then, as I'm icing (knee) and heating (back) my PT tells me that he may want me to get an MRI if my knee still is feeling the same (some twinges of pain) at the end of the week. 

Now let me explain a little bit about myself.  Whenever I'm in a situation, I always assume that the worst is going to happen.  Case in point, when the PT told me that there is a slim chance I tore my Meniscus (yes...I had to look up how to spell it) I'm now assuming it's torn and I won't be able run for a long long long long (times infinity) time. 

So the MRI thing is making me nervous. 



I know in reality he's recommending this because he knows I'm on a 'getting better' schedule and wants to rule out different injuries (I told him I needed to be able to run five miles comfortably by the first week of October so I could start training for the Las Vegas 1/2 Marathon....the Full Marathon was a nice dream...but it's not happening)...But...it still scares me to no end. 

Alrighty....I'm done worrying about something I can't control.  Tomorrow will be a better day...one that is full of training (work), cupcakes (this cupcake truck is coming to my work tomorrow!), more pool running (hopefully my knee isn't as sore tomorrow as it was today) and cake decorating. Have a great day everyone! 


Here is a preview of the possible cupcake flavor I may get tomorrow....YUM :)
----------------------------------------------

Are you a half-full or half-empty kind of person when it comes to injuries?  What do you do to keep your mind off of it while your healing? 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment