Sunday, August 21, 2011

I think I have a PB obsession

I think I have a problem....

....I love peanut butter...

....like eat it right out of the jar love it...and my husband looks at me like I have five heads every time I do it.  But today I decided to be creative.  I was craving Reese's but had no desire to go back to the store after we had already gone to Shoppers and Costco (I don't know how I forgot something as important as Reese's....)  So here's what I did:

Yes...the bag of chocolate chips is HUGE...but it's mostly for baking...and these random cravings I have.
Melt the chocolate chips and PB together and use the pretzels to dip.  It was pretty awesome...but my Reese's craving is still there (darn it!). 

PS...there are still pretzels in that bag, see:


 Well...this weekend was a weekend of cookouts, and I brought these to my friend's house yesterday (notice the peanut butter frosting...I told you I was obsessed!!):

I may have also had one (or five) of the cookies and one (or three) of the brownies.
And here's the recipe:

Cupcakes (from hersheys.com)
Hershey's "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Cake
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 cup boiling water
  1. Heat oven to 350°F.
  2. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans.  
  3. CUPCAKES: Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper bake cups. Fill cups 2/3 full with batter. Bake 22 to 25 minutes. Cool completely. Frost. About 30 cupcakes.
Peanut Butter Frosting (from Brown Eyed Baker)

1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
1/3 cup heavy cream (I used skim milk and it turned out fine)


Place the confectioners’ sugar, peanut butter, butter, vanilla and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix on medium-low speed until creamy, scraping down the bowl with a rubber spatula as you work. Add the cream and beat on high speed until the mixture is light and smooth.

I hope you enjoy them as much as I do :)

So tomorrow is the big day...the MRI is at 8:00am.  I'm looking forward to the results and finding out what is wrong with my knee and how it can be fixed.  My husband is now telling people that I'm lacking my normal amount of endorphins...hopefully the amount of chocolate I ate the past couple of days will change that...hehe. 

Have a great week everyone!



--------------------------------

How many cookouts have you ever gone to in one weekend? 
I think two is the most I've ever been to in one weekend. One of our friends went to three on Saturday...making us all feel less popular.

Did your parents ever give you treats after going to the doctors?
My Mom would sometimes take us out for ice cream afterwards....so I think fro yo is in my future after this MRI :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Those look heavenly!! Thanks for sharing! I keep a stash of chocolate chips handy for my cravings too...which are generally everyday at 4 pm ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...I know...it's funny how those cravings come at the same time every day :) Mine is usually right as I get home from work.

    ReplyDelete