Sunday, September 25, 2011

Singing in the Rain

Workout: 25 mins (intermediate level) bike with millions of ab PT exercises

NOTE: I apologize now for my lack of pictures...

Hey everyone! I hope you all had a relaxing Sunday.  I had a great time at GOTR (Girls on the Run) and love the girls I'm working with.  There are some crazy speedy runners in that group, and they're all hilarious (I forgot what it was like to be a pre-teen). 

Our lesson focused on how to be yourself:  Most girls/women...even some men...feel like they have to act a certain way to be excepted in today's society, when, in reality, being honest and being yourself is much more important.  The girls gave great examples of ways to be yourself and to accept others (my favorite example was 'Singing in the rain'...it must have been something one of the girls enjoyed doing that she thought others would think was weird...I loved it!!) , and it was really awarding to see a group of girls who didn't judge or make fun of each other.  I remember being on sports teams where I were afraid to make any mistakes because I knew one of my 'teammates' would yell at me/make fun of me for it. 

Well...enough of that...it's time to get ready for another crazy week. 

------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you usually worry about what others think of you...or do you 'sing in the rain'?

No comments:

Post a Comment