Friday, September 9, 2011

No Pain....Thus Far

Happy Friday!! I'm so excited for the weekend, especially since I still have this cold and plan to sleep and watch tons of GILRMORE GIRLS or whatever I can find on Netflix (I have all the season of GG minus Season 5...they aren't on Netflix). 

At PT today (my only PT session this week due to the flooding that occurred on Wednesday...how rude Mother Nature!) I did a ton of ab exercises and did the exercise bike for 12 minutes PAIN FREE!! The PT also said I could work out (aka bike not run) as long as there was ZERO pain.  I plan to go to the gym tomorrow if I feel up to it...maybe even do 15 minutes on the bike and see how it goes!

So...I feel really bad for not posting these past couple of weeks...so how about some amazing cookies (ENJOY!):

No..it's not a UFO...it's just one of the best cookies ever.  You know why?!

Because there is a Reese's in the center of it!!!

I got the recipe from Picky Palate.  Do you forgive me?!

Candy Bar Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches

2 sticks softened butter

1 Cup granulated sugar

3/4 Cup brown sugar

2 large eggs

1 Tablespoon pure vanilla

3 1/2 Cups all purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

10 oz bag chocolate chips

Variety of snack size Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, Snickers and Kit Kat (I only used Reese's and Snickers...but I will now have to try Kit Kat the next time around)

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  In a stand or electric mixer, cream butter and sugars until well combined.  Add eggs and vanilla until well combined.

2.  Place flour, baking soda and salt in large bowl; mix then slowly add to wet ingredients.  Add chocolate chips to combine.  Using a cookie scoop take one scoop of cookie dough and place on top of snack size candy bar.  Take another scoop of dough and place on bottom of candy bar.  Seal edges together by pressing and cupping in hand until candy bar is enclosed with dough.  Place onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet and bake cookies 9-13 minutes or until cookies are baked to your liking.  Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.  Serve with a tall glass of milk, enjoy!

Makes about 24 LARGE Cookies


-----------------------------------------------

What would you put in the center of a chocolate chip cookie? 
The Reese's was pretty amazing, but I wonder what more chocolate would taste like...hehe. 

1 comment:

  1. Yay for being pain-free! Those cookies seriously look amazing. I would totally put a Reese in mine too. PB and chocolate are the ultimate combination!

    ReplyDelete