Friday, December 28, 2012

Catching Up

This semester was crazy with a capital C...which is not the grade I got in my two classes (I may have gotten A's...yay!).  Between the new work schedule where I work 10 1/2 days four days a week, taking classes four nights a week from 7:30pm-10:30pm (and yes...they would keep us there that late...) and the addition of a second job, I was totally burned out once break came along and may or may not have watched an entire season of Bones in three days after finals.  Pathetic...or an achievement.....you decide ;)  

What I did accomplish during the semester besides good grades was baking cupcakes for my best friend's sister's wedding (confusing?!).  After over 12 hours of baking with my Mom's help, I would call it a success, but I had no desire to eat/look/touch a cupcake for weeks after the wedding. 

The cupcake table :)


I also ran two half marathons, Baltimore and Hershey, one with a PR of 1:40:51 (Baltimore)!! 


Source


My sister-in-law also ran Hershey, completing her first half marathon (I'm so proud!).   


Our race bibs that morning

Other than that my life consisted of work, school, working out, work, eating Chick-fil-a, school, running, and work.  The winter semester starts next week and my crazy self decided to take two classes over a four week semester.  Luckily they are Developmental Psych and Abnormal Psych...so I hope to learn to develop not to be abnormal (maybe?...haha). 



In other news, I'm thinking about running my first marathon (hopefully without injuring myself...which happened with my other marathon that I wanted to run.) 


I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
What were some of your achievements in the last few months? 

Any advice for a new marathon runner?  What (if any) training plan did you use?

No comments:

Post a Comment