Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Teacher Potluck

Workout:  3.5 miles with my Dad (one of my favorite running buddies!).  It was crazy hot today...like so hot weather.com was warning Marylanders about the air quality hot.  So what do I do...I go running in it (I'm able to run with my Dad at lunch time...which is a pretty sweet deal)! My Mom wasn't too happy with us going out in the heat, but she was never a runner and doesn't understand the way our minds work (hehe..love ya Mom!).

So on a different topic--food-- My husband has potlucks at work every so often and he usually brings in an entree since most people sign up for desserts, chips and soda (which is a perfect potluck for me (esp. the desserts part)...but for him not so much).  But since this was the last potluck of the year and I haven't baked anything in a reeaaallly long time, I suggested...ok begged...him to let me bake him a dessert to take. 

I always like to research different recipes, usually picking out the dessert with the most chocolate, like this one

But instead I thought of my husband (I guess there's a first time for everything..haha...just kidding) and decided to make rice krispy treats.  How boring, you say?!  Not when you add some of these:


Oreo's are one of my favorite cookies (although all cookies are good)...and they are super chocolatey which is always a plus.  Here is what the treats look like pre chocolate drizzle:


And post chocolate drizzle (oh yeah...there has to be more chocolate than just the cookies...duh!):




And of course the hubby got to lick the spatula (this doesn't look staged at all...):



Here's the recipe...enjoy!

Cookies and Cream Krispy Treats

3 tablespoons butter

6 cups rice krispies cereal

4 cups mini marshmallows

10 oreos, chopped (I think I doubled the recipe here...but I'm an addict)

Chocolate Chips

In a large pot over low heat, melt butter. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Pour in rice krispies cereal and chopped oreos, and coat completely with marshmallow mixture. Press into a 9 X 13 baking dish and let cool.

Once cool, melt chocolate chips and drizzle over bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment