Saturday, January 26, 2013

Typical Friday night, and a little Saturday

On Fridays I work at a Physical Therapy outpatient facility where I think I walk around five miles once the day is over.  I don't get paid much, but I learn a lot from the physical therapists, it covers the application requirements for PT schools, and most of all...I LOVE IT! It's so much nicer helping other people for 8 1/2 hours than sitting at a desk for 10+ hours. 


Just a little PT humor (it's funny, trust me...haha)
Source 
 

















After work on Fridays, Andrew and I usually go out for dinner.  Since it snowed, and the Baltimore area was in a panic (that usually happens with any form of precipitation), Andrew and I decided to stay close to home and go to a local pizza place.

I got a slice with spinach, mushroom and red peppers, while Andrew got a slice of stuffed pizza with every type of meat you could think of.  We also 'split' a caprese stick (when I say 'split', I mean that I ate 95%...oops!)
Excuse the napkins...I like to 'blot' my pizza to get some of the grease off...but it was yummy!


Andrew's 'man slice' with his side of marinara


Afterward dinner, Andrew was a sweetie and took me to Maggie Moo's to get ice cream.  We were the only ones there, and the girl who made my ice cream creation said I was crazy for getting ice cream when it was this cold...so I told her that was mean (I was kidding, of course), and asked for more cookie dough...and she gave it to me!!! They must have had like one customer that day or something ;)
Maggie Moo's 'cookie dough drizzle' with their dark chocolate ice cream and extra cookie dough...can you say 'NOM NOM NOM'?!

P.S. Andrew didn't get anything because he was 'too full' (I don't get it either...). 

Once we got home, I devoured my ice cream, then watched like 10 episodes of Dance Academy on Netflix (it's a cheesy show about ballet that's set in Australia and makes me wish my Mom would have forced me to stay with dance...but instead she took me out of it since I hated every minute of it...sigh...I guess she's a good Mom ;))


Source

I've been feeling kind of crummy today, so the only thing I've done so far is an Insanity workout (which I probably shouldn't have done due to the gross feeling) and I also got my hair cut and highlighted.  It had been six months since it was last cut, so it was about time.  I think because of my spaced out, cold symptom like feeling, I did the math way wrong in my head and ended up over tipping my stylist, but in my eyes, I guess it's better to over tip than under tip :). 

Me with my new hair...excuse the spaced out look...

I don't know what the rest of the day holds, but it will probably be a lot of laying down and nothing :)

--------------------------------------------------------------
What are you up to this weekend?

Do you run in the cold/snow? 

Are you a 'pizza blotter' (i.e. do you like the grease on your pizza or do you try to blot some of it off before eating it)?














1 comment:

  1. Yay!! So glad you're blogging again. Just caught up on everything. :) let me know if you've picked a half for the spring. I just ran 11 miles yesterday (longest since Ellie was born!) and want to do a half sometime in the spring!

    ReplyDelete